Please send all sign and artwork enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
See below for some questions which will help me to provide an accurate quote. Please be patient, as I spend a lot of time up ladders, it could take me 1-2 weeks to reply to your email. If you need signage urgently please detail this in the email and title line.
To help me provide an accurate quote, it would be helpful if you could provide the following information:
• Do you have a design or would you like me to design it?
• If you already have a design, I'll need a file (preferably a pdf, eps, or ai)
• Sign dimensions or the dimensions of the space the sign will fit into
• The exact wording on the sign
• How many colours do I need to match? Please note that not all painted colours can be matched to paint colour, though I do try my best!
Site Specific Signage:
If it isn't possible for me to paint remotely for the work to be installed please provide the following:
• The address and some suitable times to visit you at the site
• I will also need to know the wall surface (i.e., brick, smooth drywall, rough stucco, etc.)
• I can and do travel outside Glasgow for jobs but sometimes it isn't possible due to transportation. Please let me know where you are situated in your email.
• What would you like it to say?
• Roughly what size would you like it to be?
• Do you have any examples of style and colour you particularly like?
Do you have a pal who loves hand painted signs? Perhaps your parents live in a beautiful old house and would like some gilded numbers above their door? Would your partner love a piece for an anniversary present? Or maybe you'd just like to commission something for yourself and pay for it in a few instalments? Gift vouchers can now be purchased from my online shop.
Buy yours here.
Below is a rough guide to pricing for suggested commissions:
Sign artwork (enamel paint on wooden panel, see examples here) – upwards of £80
Gilded glass artwork (enamel paint and 23.5 carat real gold on glass) – upwards of £150
Wedding signs (enamel paint on wood or other flat surfaces) – upwards of £150
Gilded house numbers (site specific and bespoke, 23.5 carat, see examples here) – between £200 and £300
Please note that commission costs can be affected by size, material, complexity of design, number of colours and many more factors. Please get in touch before you buy if you would like a rough price of a specific commission. The above list of possible commissions is not exhaustive.